If you can spend just a little time working on maintaining the heating and cooling system in your home, you not only save a bundle of cash each year in utility and repair bills, you help to extend the life of your HVAC system too.
Here are 7 ways to increase the efficiency of your HVAC system from the leaders in HVAC repair Summerville SC:
1. Run your hands on the seams of the air handler, feeling for any leaks of cold or hot air escaping the unit before it can get inside the house. A piece of duct tape will seal the casing and reduce wasted energy needed to maintain the interior temperature.
2. Give the exterior fan unit a good inspection. The outside of the unit needs a few feet of clearance on all sides so the air circulates properly. If needed, open the casing over the fan and remove all the twigs and leaves that are impeding the flow of the fan blades.
3. Purchase an independent air temperature gauge and check to see if the room temperature matches that of the thermostat. A reading that is off a few degrees will result in the system having to run harder, and in turn your utility bills will be unnecessarily higher.
4. Be sure that you are inspecting and replacing the air filter at least every three months. At the least, you should be checking and cleaning it monthly so the entire system does not have to run as hard to maintain the desired interior temperature.
5. Whether the duct work runs in the attic or basement, feel along the network of lines for any leaking air. These areas can be patches quickly with a piece of duct tape and will ensure you are not heating or cooling areas of the house where no one is residing.
6. Check the air vents in every room of the house to make certain there are no obstructions inside any of them. Also make sure they are all in the open position so air flows freely, regardless if the rooms are in use or not.
7. Call a local heating and cooling repair company to schedule you for an annual inspection. This one action could allow the experts to be in position to spot an issue long before it becomes a serious emergency.
Now that you know the 7 ways to increase the efficiency of your HVAC system, be sure to practice these each year to get the most of your heating and cooling system. For more info like this please visit – BarrusHeatingandAir.com